Subscribe to our newsletter
We look forward to sharing our knowledge and news with you.
Our client is at the beginning of an exciting journey in developing new services & products in relation to their market. Our customer has already introduced a lot of digital services and products, however they have a very clear vision on what the impact of digitalisation will be for their business and customers in the future. They are very much aware it’s time to act now and are looking for people to participate in this exciting journey. They are currently providing support to a network of 1150 offices providing legal advice. Apart from legal advice, our client offers office management, IT-solutions, trainings and information for the greater public. For their development department they are currently looking for team leaders application development to lead a team of approximately 10 people. You will start in an environment with a lot of potential with the possibility for personal growth.
In September a new CIO joined the company and he has 3 focus areas;
1. Customer drives everything
2. Quality is very important
3. Teamwork and respect
Therefore he’s looking for Team Leaders who are team players with a very positive drive and attitude. He or She has a lead role and is responsible for the planning and management of all aspects of the delivery of medium to large-scale development projects, within defined financial targets and budget. With your team of developers, analysts and testers you are responsible for the development and delivery of software applications, from a functional as well as technical point of view. You contribute to the continuous improvement of processes.
• Manage specific software project and maintenance requests, with your team, in order to deliver a product in user acceptance testing, based on agreed requirements.
• Works very closely with the project manager who’s responsible for the larger scale projects.
• Ensure that scope, time frames, quality and cost are discussed and agreed with internal/external parties to deliver the product.
• Ensure the respect of company development standards (security, privacy, auditability ).
• Maintain an excellent level of personal expertise, keeping constantly informed of the latest update in relevant technologies and share knowledge with colleagues.
• Liaise & collaborate with other team members & ensure efficient hand-over of information & work, as appropriate.
• Manage multiple application projects in a DEVOPS environment (Agile).
• Understand the principles of Agile development.
• Report on project progress.
• Control the budget of the project and report accordingly.
• Has experience in working with external service providers and related contract understanding
• Shows a lot of interest in the business and has as well contacts with the customers to understand their needs from first hand
• Will work closely together with your peers to continuously improve the processes and quality of delivery.
• Shows a growth mindset. Problems are an opportunity!
• Can work autonomously and uses his line manager as a soundboard
• A Master degree;
• Min. 3 y of experience in people management;
• At least 5 years’ experience in an “application software delivery/factory environment”;
• First experience or has proven records in managing teams;
• A proven ability to apply relationship management skills and to be able to build and own client and stakeholder relationships;
• A thorough understanding of concept, procedures and application of Project Management and a good knowledge in other subjects or disciplines, which are relevant to the content of the project (e.g. Infrastructure, DBA, Deployment);
• A proven track record of resolving issues that threatened to delay or serious disrupt the project goals (resources, budget or stakeholders in nature);
• Fluent in NL, French and English (working proficiency in both languages is required as customer are FR & NL);
• Experienced in the delivery of projects and relationship management as defined by the needs of the business, including customer, project team, project suppliers and other affected parties;
• An excellent communicator with good presentation skills;
• Very eager to learn and to further develop;
• Has experience in continuous improvement approach.
Kevin Fortan +32 (0)470 05 56 86